- To compete at a high level you have to be serious and focus. Be serious as a father, serious with my health and fitness lifestyle and serious with my career path.
- Be a gracious loser. I will not be at the top every day. In the women’s 2oom finals, the silver medalist was pissed off, slamming her spikes to the ground. Learn to embrace losing in a powerful way.
- Play to win, Have a deep confidence in my abilities and myself. Show up to win.
- Have pride in myself. Carry myself with dignity.
- Remember that it is not just about me, I represent my family, my circle of friends, my community, my company.